Mendis & Gibson Lawyers is a general practice firm specialising in litigation. We are located in the suburb of Niddrie approximately 20 minutes from Melbourne CBD. We have been providing legal services to clients for more than a decade.
Our specialised legal team understand that legal problem causes stress and confusion. Our goal is to help our clients understand their cases, providing options and the recommended avenue to pursue and achieve the best desired outcomes.
We always advise our clients on whether they need a lawyer, or if there are other options to pursue an alternative dispute resolution, such as mediation. Alternative dispute resolution, in most cases is not only cost efficient but time saving tactic to avoid lengthy court procedures.
Our staff Senior Associate, Tim Lido specialises in this area and is able to assist in mediation and negotiation. He graduated from James Cook University, Queensland with a Masters of Conflict and Dispute Resolution.
Our Principal Solicitor, Sidney Mendis has over 35 years of experience as an advocate in commercial, civil, family law and criminal litigation. He has practiced in Australia and International courts. Sidney has studied at Melbourne University.
We specialise in various legal areas and have a great legal team with diversity of cultural backgrounds, languages, gender balance. Our diverse team consist of staffs who can speak various languages such as Mandarin, Cantonese, Bahasa, Italian, Spanish, German, Sinhala, Burmese and Fijian.
We pride ourselves in being able to offer competitive fees in major matters and we strive to keep legal fees affordable.
We offer a free 30-minute consultation in most cases. Contact us to see if you are eligible.
We were honoured to receive an award for Best Domestic & Business Conveyancing Firm Victoria Australia 2016. Conveyancing is one of the most popular area of practice that we have been providing for our domestic, business, local and foreign buyers. We understand how important and sensitive conveyancing is to our clients, whether it is for a first time property owner, investor or a foreign buyer. We are one of the first firms to have adopted the Electronic Conveyancing Digital platform – PEXA. We provide quality and competitive service to our clients by adapting to the latest technology and complying quickly with the industry trends.
Mendis & Gibson Lawyers have volunteered in community organizations and provided funds for various charities. We believe in giving back to our community and our firm believes that it’s our duty to serve the community. We are proud to announce that Mendis & Gibson Lawyers is an environmental friendly practice. We have currently reduced paper waste and have encouraged staff to use electronic copies and also limited our printing only for necessary court documents and others.
1. Easy Keilor Rotary Club Will Seminar
2. Keilor East – Airport West Uniting Church Will Seminar
3. Community Wills Day (The Salvation Army) – $ 5000.00 worth of free will for the community.
4. Legal Information Session, Question & Answers for prospect legal students (Trinity College – Melbourne University Event).
Why Choose Us
1. Understanding – We work with you to understand your particular circumstances and to find the most appropriate, cost-effective solution to your legal problem.
2. Options – We undertake a detailed and thorough investigation of your case, in order to identify the best remedy for you which will allow you to make an informed decision about your matter.
3. Representation – We will recommend you to engage other professionals such as accountants and financial advisors where necessary in order to achieve the best result.
4. Communication – We keep you informed of any progress of your case particularly in relation to costs involved.