Thank you for your interest in Mendis & Gibson Lawyers.
We currently have a position available for a law graduate or a final year student. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to gain experience in a range of legal matters including direct contact with clients and drafting documents under the direct supervision of a principal solicitor. Previous paid or voluntary experience will be highly regarded. The ideal candidate will have the following attributes:
– the ability to respond to client queries over the phone and in person
– the ability to discuss legal and administrative matters with the supervisor
– strong drafting skills
Research and Analytical skills
– an ability to read the material and then discuss the views regarding the matter with the supervisor
– extensive research skills including the ability to navigate legislation and research appropriate case
Organisation and time management skills
– an ability to keep thorough records of the matters including diary management
– prioritisation of matters on the basis of urgency
The interested applicant’s should forward their application to email@example.com or contact (03) 9379 1839 to discuss the position. A full-time or a part-time position can be discussed with the appropriate candidate having regard to the candidate availability and the experience.